Aging, causes the eyebrows to droop due to laxity of the skin caused by the lengthening of the connective tissue giving an angry, tired or an aged appearance to the face. Non-surgical procedures can be undertaken to instantly lift these sagging brows which is sometimes referred to as the "Hollywood Brow Lift" or a “Celebrity Brow lift”. This is a convenient method to provide the youthful arch of the brow without the need to undergo a surgical procedure.
The forehead and brow are one of the first areas to show aging. As the years pass, the skin and tissue in the brow can get looser and sag, making one look tired and even angry. Sagging eyebrows can make one look constantly tired.
The brow lift is a great solution for anyone who suffers from drooping eyebrows it can remove wrinkles, address drooping eyebrows, loose skin and also reduce frown lines. This outpatient surgical procedure can help elevate and shape the eyebrows to provide the desired look. The primary goal of the procedure is to give the patient a refreshed appearance.
There are a wide range of techniques used to perform this procedure, and the method chosen will depend on the patient’s individual needs and goals. The most common types of brow lifts differ primarily by incision technique. These, incisions can be placed at the hairline, behind the hairline, above the brow or in the mid-forehead. The eyebrowlift surgery cost in India and the hospital stay depends on the technique used for the browlift.
- Direct Brow Lift:This lift is performed by placing the incision on one of the horizontal wrinkles or creases present over the forehead
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: The surgeon uses an endoscope to look at video images of the forehead which are projected on to a TV screen in the operating room. Three to six small incisions are made such that they are cleverly hidden behind the hairline. The endoscope is then introduced and under visual guidance the browlift is done. The surgeon anchors the tissue with a permanent or temporary suture and fixes it to the scalp. These permanent sutures will hold the tissue lifted for years. This type of brow lift is best for younger individuals who do not need major brow lift.
- Full Coronal Technique: This procedure also is called an ‘open brow lift’ or ‘coronal lift,’ is the oldest type of brow lift surgery. An incision is made from one temple region to the other across the crown of your head usually hidden behind the hairline.The skin and sometimes the muscles are pulled upward. Any excess skin is removed. This is a more extensive surgery and is best suited for people who need a significant brow lift. The downside is that if one develops a receding hairline, the long scar may become visible.
- Subcutaneous Brow Lift: also called as "pretrichial brow lift" Incisions for this technique are placed in front of the hairline, which means that the scars may be visible.
- Temporal Brow Lift: This is also known as lateral lift or lateral brow lift. Incisions are made at the temple region hidden behind the hairline. The temporal brow lift produces an exotic look. However, it can also correct folds and small wrinkles in the forehead, the glabella, and the corners of the eyes (crow's feet). A temporal lift can also lift the cheeks and mid face. It is considered a tension lift as the skin is stretched and under tension, which can cause stretched or widened scars.
- Temporal Brow Lift and Suture Suspension: it similar to the temporal lift, but it uses permanent sutures to suspend the muscles and tissue.
- Non-invasive Brow Lift:Ultrasound energy can be used to refresh your eyes brows and tighten the skin on the forehead. These ultrasound waves stimulate new collagen growth, resulting in a non-surgical brow lift. There may be some mild redness for the first half-hour after treatment which gradually settles. The results normally take upto six months to appear.
- Threadscan also be used to lift the eyebrows and are very commonly used as an outpatient procedure and is gaining a lot of buzz due to its cost effectiveness and ease of procedure with little to no complications.
The main advantage of this procedure is the incisions are much smaller and it’s less invasive. This leads to less scarring, and faster recovery.
Brow Lift Procedures
Before considering one for a brow lift, the cosmetic surgeon will assess the face and note where the skin/tissue has lost volume, the effect of gravity, and the areas of weak muscles which are causing the tissue to sag.
A forehead lift can replace lost volume and pull up specific areas to lessen sagging and drooping.
Depending on the surgeon’s and patient’s recommendation, one of the above brow lift procedures is undertaken.
The requirements face plastic surgery in india has grown exponentially in recent times and the celebrity browlifts have created more awareness amongst the population. Ideally an experienced face surgeon makes a very big difference in the outcome.
Brow Lift Recovery
For pain the surgeon often prescribes painkiller medication after the brow lift, but normally only mild discomfort is present not warranting major treatment.
The skin margins are approximated and sutured with absorbable or non-absorbable sutures. Bruising and swelling will be present at first, it reduces with cold compresses at 20-minute intervals. Also, it helps by keeping the head elevated for several days after surgery to reduce swelling.
Recovery takes around 3 weeks, and most patients can go back to work after 2 weeks. Scars usually are well-hidden after complete recovery. Also in most type of brow lifts they are hidden by the hairline or natural skin creases.
How To Prepare For A Brow Lift?
One may need to make minor adjustments to their lifestyle before having a brow lift. For example, Smoking will have to be stopped several weeks before and after the procedure as tobacco and nicotine use can delay the healing process.
If one takes aspirin or blood thinners, they will have to be stopped for some time before the surgery. Long hair will probably need to be trimmed depending on the type of brow lift.
Should You Have A Brow Lift?
The goal of the procedure is to tighten the skin of the forehead, smoothen wrinkles, and remove drooping eyebrows. If needed, the surgeon will remove part of the muscle that causes the frown lines, which will make the brow look smoother and give a relaxed expression. It also makes the eye look more open and alert.
There are some areas which will be discussed by the surgeon and the brow lift surgery will be based on them. these are:
- Skin type
- How elastic the skin is
- How quickly the patient heals
- The type of brow lift procedure best for the situation
- The patient’s expectations and goals
What Is The Brow Lift Surgery Cost In India?
A brow lift can make a dramatic difference in a person’s appearance by making him/her look younger and more relaxed. The eyebrow lift surgery cost in India along with all the other requirements are usually discussed in person during a consultation with the face plastic surgeon. Since it is a cosmetic surgical procedure insurance will not cover the cost.