PRP and Growth Factor
Platelet-rich plasma also known as PRP is derived from the bloodstream and has been used for many years to treat musculoskeletal conditions and most recently, skin conditions. PRP treatment in Mumbai is either injected directly into the skin or used after micro needling which is a technique that uses tiny needles to create microscopic skin wounds that can help improve skin texture and appearance. Recently, PRP has gained attention as the most promising solution for one of the most challenging problems in dermatology: hair loss.
What Role Do Platelets Play In Hair Growth?
What Are Growth Factors In PRP And How Do They Work?
- PLATELET DERIVED GROWTH FACTORS: They are responsible for cell growth and the reproduction of hair cells. PDGF plays a major role in maintaining the anagen phase of the hair.
- IGF-1: IGF-1 is used during PRP hair transplant in Mumbai to promote hair growth by stimulating the release of keratinocytes in hair follicles thereby preventing hair from going into the catagen phase.
- FGF: Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor assists in the shaft elongation of hair and promotes hair growth.
- VEGF: VEGF increases the size of the tissues surrounding the follicular vessels during the growth phase of the hair.
- EGF: EGF stimulates new blood vessels and increases the number of hair cells.
- HGF: HGF stimulates the production of new blood vessels.
- TGF-B: TGF-B produces new cells and regenerates hair growth.
How Can You Prepare For The Treatment?
How Does PRP Treatment Work?
Who Is Suitable For PRP Treatment In Mumbai?
What Is The Cost Of PRP In India?
Is PRP Hair Restoration Permanent?
Is PRP Treatment Safe?
Is The Entire Procedure Painful?
What Are The Advantages Of PRP Hair Treatment?
- It Is Safe: As PRP therapy uses your body’s own blood cells, there is minimal chance of a rejection or allergies.
- It Is Convenient: There is no downtime or recovery period for PRP. You can drive back home and resume your normal activities immediately after the procedure is done.
- It Is Customizable: Every case of hair loss is different for each person depending on their age and genetics. The great thing about PRP hair treatment in Mumbai is that it is versatile and can be customized based on the severity of your hair loss symptoms and the condition of your hair and scalp.
- It Has A High Success Rate: Clinical studies have shown that platelet-rich plasma injections can significantly improve hair density and hair count after 4-6 treatments. When performed by an experienced hair restoration doctor, PRP injections can provide high patient satisfaction and a high success rate in patients affected by hair loss.