When patients want a jump start with regards to weight loss and would like to change the shape of certain body parts which are resistant to weight loss, then mega liposuction is suggested. Mega liposuction must be considered thoughtfully and with utmost care, and the patient must show the willingness to maintain a wholesome lifestyle after the procedure. Even though liposuction is not indicated for weight loss but mega liposuction when carried out under well-controlled circumstances and in right patients can cause significant weight loss in the treated areas.
What Is Mega Liposuction?
Mega Liposuction is used as an aid in weight reduction, where over ten liters of fat can be removed in a single session as a hospital-based surgery or in a few sessions as daycare. This procedure can be done only once and maintenance of the achieved result by undertaking a healthy calorie restricted diet and regular exercises.
Who Is Mega Liposuction Best For?
Mega liposuction is best suited for the following people-
- People who are overweight but stable and would want a more defined body.
- Obese people having significant fat deposits in any one area.
- People who have been advised Bariatric surgery but do not want to undergo. (Only up to BMI of 35)
- People who have undergone Bariatric surgery but still have significant residual fat deposits.
What are the precautions to be taken for Mega Liposuction?
Mega liposuction is not a procedure which can be taken lightly. After all, mega liposuction can be associated with mega problems. People opting for this procedure should check for-
- All body functions like kidneys, lungs, heart, and liver should be normal. If not they should be under control.
- Choose a well-experienced Surgeon like Dr. Mohan Thomas.
- This procedure should only be undertaken in a well equipped multi-specialty hospital where there is a dedicated Intensivist to address any medical issues to the patient.
- Patients undergoing this procedure have to be observed for a minimum of 48 hours after surgery as they may require a blood transfusion. Please do not look for daycare options when a single surgery is expected to yield more than 8 liters of fat.
How is Mega Liposuction different at Dr. Mohan Thomas Aesthetics?
At Dr. Mohan Thomas Aesthetics utmost importance is given to the safety of the patient and the procedure. Dr. Mohan Thomas and his team have published papers in peer-reviewed journals about safety issues and ways to address complications during surgery and anesthesia. We undertake sequential liposuction to reduce the chances of liposuction-related risks. VASER technology is used to reduce resistant fat deposits along with continuous monitoring of all parameters. We only undertake such surgeries at Breach Candy Hospital where the standard of medical care is at the highest level.