Breast surgery in India is known by many other names like Breast augmentation, augmentation mammoplasty and a boob job. This procedure is often performed to change the shape, enhance the size or alter the texture of a woman's breasts. For this process, breast implants are used that cosmetically enhance the breasts size by augmentation with the help of a silicone implant that is surgically inserted through the surgery. A lot of people are turning to breast implants in India for a number of reasons including dissatisfaction regarding the shape, size or texture of the breasts. Research has shown that this surgery is very safe and all the patient has to pay attention to recovery after the surgery that may take a couple of days or weeks.
The experienced experts at Dr. Mohan Thomas Aesthetics Clinic have put together a couple of ways in which you can take care of your breast implants after the surgery for a speedy recovery and desired results.
Steps to take care of right after the surgery:
- You will have to gauze the bandage that covers our surgical cut. This bandage can be secured in place by clear tape or a bra.
- Your doctor may use a silicon Jackson Pratt drainage when you leave the hospital. This is a silicon drain inserted in the chest to drain the fluid from your surgery. This can be removed from the chest after one or two weeks after the surgery. After you leave the hospital, make sure you take proper care of the drain to prevent any infections. Your cosmetic surgeon or nurse will brief you on the entire process and guide you on how to take proper care of it while discussing the breast implant surgery cost in Mumbai.
- If you are travelling by car, make sure to place a small pillow between the seat belt and the reconstructed breast. The skin over the reconstructed breast can be scraped off easily and lead to infections as it is very thin.
Steps to take after going home:
- If you have a bandage over your breast that is secured in place by a bra, be sure to remove it and replace it with a fresh one at least one time every day until your follow-up appointment. After your follow-up appointment, your doctor or nurse will tell you when to stop.
- If your bandage is held in place by a clear plastic bandage, then you can take it off after 2 days (48 hours) after the surgery.
- Your doctor would have placed sutures or stitches under your breast to create a natural fold. These stitches may make you feel pinching and pulling sensations and can be painful. In that case, take the medications that your doctor has prescribed. These stitches will dissolve on their own and do not need to be removed.
Keep in mind that within the 48 hours of getting breast surgery, your body temperature might go up to 101°F or 38.3°C and the skin around your breast may turn pink or red. However, these aren’t signs of infection. This just means that your body is adapting to the implant. If the redness does not subside after 48 hours or the body temperature goes higher than 101°F, consult your doctor.
Few precautions recommended by the doctors:
Do not wet your bandage or shower for the first 2 days after the breast implant surgery in India. Avoid using bathtubs, hot tubs or swimming pools for at least 6 weeks after the surgery. Talk to your doctor before using products like deodorants, lotions or creams near your incision. Make sure to wear a soft, supportive bra for six weeks after the surgery even while you are asleep. Avoid wearing one with an underwire at all costs. Whenever you feel pain or discomfort, take pills only that are recommended by your doctor. You can resume most of your activities after your breast surgery in Pune but restrain yourself from stressful physical activities. Don’t do strenuous exercises that will stretch the chest muscles. Avoid lifting objects that are heavier than 2 to 2.5 kilograms for four to six weeks. Consult your doctor before doing heavy exercises like running, jogging or lifting weight.