The first signs of ageing that people notice are the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on their faces. This is a natural phenomenon due to the breakdown of tissues combined with other factors like the nature of the skin, gravity, and sun exposure. Facelift surgery is a process through which people can reverse the clock on their faces and get their smooth, supple-looking skin back. It is the quickest way to reverse your age by 8-10 years.
A facelift is a minimally invasive procedure that is performed to reduce the appearance of ageing on one’s face. This procedure involves tightening the sagging skin and the deeper tissue which helps improve the deep creases around the patient’s mouth or neck. It is basically a way to reshape one’s face by removing excess skin and tissues from the face.
The results of a facelift surgery procedure can differ from person to person. The biggest fear that people who undergo these procedures on the face have is that they might end up with a face that looks unnatural. If you are in a dilemma about how to choose a cosmetic surgeon for yourself, have a look at their portfolio. The results they have achieved should look natural and modest. Having a conservative approach toward plastic surgery is the best way to make sure you do not end up with a face that looks doll-like. Patients whose skin is overtly tightened or stretched aggressively in the wrong direction may run the risk of looking fake and a bit abnormal.
The goal should be to revive the natural tautness of your skin and look refreshed with a tight neckline and overall facial features that look aesthetically pleasing. Most importantly, the patient should still look like themselves at the end of the procedure.
What Can You Expect From Your Facelift Surgery At Doctor Mohan Thomas Aesthetics?
Doctor Mohan Thomas is one of the leading cosmetic surgeons in India. Having worked with some of the high-end celebrities in the country, the team has expertise in creating stunning looks that look natural, and phenomenal and retain the unique features of each candidate. The team will first perform an evaluation of the patient’s overall health along with their skin elasticity, wrinkles, looseness, and folds. The underlying bony anatomy will be assessed and a facial rejuvenation plan shall be created accordingly. This will help the patient to communicate their expectations clearly and achieve the best results. Depending on their individual goals and skin condition, their plan may include non surgical procedures such as fillers, peels, or laser treatments to deal with the skin irregularities on the skin like suntan, scars, or blemishes or surgical procedures to achieve a long term improvement.
The difference in goals and treatment plans of each individual is the reason that the facelift surgery cost in Mumbai is different for everyone.
What Steps are Typically Followed in Facelift Surgery?
If you have made your decision to go under the knife and perform a rhytidectomy (Facelift) on your face, here is what you can expect your surgery process to look like.
- You will be given general anaesthesia before the procedure.
- A small incision will be made in front of your of the ear, in the skin fold that goes behind the ear.
- This process will remove the lax skin from the face.
- Deep tissues in your face like SMAS will be tightened and the fat pads will be reinforced, relocated, and fixed in a new position that makes you look younger.
- Your eyebrows will be lifted.
- The cosmetic surgeon will get rid of the wrinkles and dark skin on the eyelids. If you have bags under your eyes, they can be trimmed away in this procedure.
- The scars, if any, will be hidden and treatment provided to make them fade away.
- As this process will determine how your face will look, precise cuts need to be made on your skin. It may take up to few hours to execute the procedure well.
- Unaesthetic things like a double chin, fatty neck, and bands in the neck will be taken care off in this very process at the same time.
- For men, the beard area or the sideburns need special care during the procedure.
The biggest myth about facelift surgery is that it will completely change the way you look. The rhytidectomy cost in Mumbai that you pay is very affordable and you should remember that you are re-imbursing the doctor for his surgical skill to reverse the aging clock on your face. You can trim away the loose skin and get rid of signs of ageing. This process will not alter your facial features but embrace your individuality and perform changes that revive your youthful, supple skin and make you fall in love with your skin again.