What is tummy tuck surgery?
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck in India is a cosmetic procedure that improves the overall appearance of the abdomen. It is often performed on people who have experienced significant changes in body weight, after pregnancy, after abdominal surgery like C-section or aging. This process is performed to remove excess, loose skin, fat and tighten the weak fascia. Tummy tuck surgery in India is also performed to remove stretch marks and excess skin in the lower abdomen below the belly button.
An overview of Tummy tuck in Mumbai
A tummy tuck surgery in India is commonly performed to remove excess fat and
skin from a person’s abdomen. Fascia, also known as the connective tissue in
the abdomen is usually tightened with sutures as well. The remaining skin is
then repositioned to give the patient a more toned look. It dramatically
boosts the body image and leaves the patient with an aesthetic body form.
Tummy tuck in India is divided into two categories on the basis of the extent of the procedure performed on the patient. The extent of the surgery depends on the needs and goals of the patient. The procedure when falls under complete abdominoplasty takes anywhere between to 5 hours; however, a mini tummy tuck surgery in India can be completed in 1-2 hours.
Understanding the different types of tummy tuck surgery:
- Complete abdominoplasty:
This is the procedure where the incision is made hip to hip just above the pubic area. The skin is lifted from the abdominal area to reveal the muscles and fascia underneath. The loose skin is tightened after performing the liposuction to refine the transition zone of the abdominal area.
- Partial abdominoplasty:
In this process, a very small incision is made to remove the excess skin and fat from the fascia muscle in a limited manner. It contours the transition zone between the tummy and the pubic area within 1-2 hours.
- Extended abdominoplasty:
This process is just like complete abdominoplasty but also includes lateral thigh lift. The extended tummy tuck procedure takes care of all the abdominal contouring and enables further enhancement of the flank. This process also smoothens the contour of the upper lateral thigh.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty:
A circumferential tummy tuck is a combination of extended tummy tuck and buttock lift procedure. This is primarily recommended for patients that have recently experienced a major weight loss. It is also referred to as belt lipectomy or lower body lift.
- High lateral tension abdominoplasty:
The high lateral tension tuck as opposed to the conventional tummy tuck surgery in India tightens the muscles horizontally in addition to vertical line tightening. This is an advanced abdominoplasty procedure that takes up to 4-5 hours to complete. It leaves the patient with a noticeably flat tummy along with a contoured waistline.
- A combination procedure:
A combined abdominoplasty is a procedure that is performed when the patient needs to contour areas of the body such as hips, thighs and buttocks. Conventional tummy tuck procedure along with liposuction helps in contouring these areas of the body.
How does a tummy tuck in Mumbai change the profile and aesthetics of the body?
- It boosts your self-confidence: The building of proper self-confidence comes first from the look and second from the aesthetic body profile of the person. Tummy tuck in Mumbai is a procedure that has helped a lot of people attain a proper body contour to give them an aesthetically pleasing body profile and build their self-confidence. Hence, it is important to discuss your needs, goals and procedure with the cosmetic surgeon while estimating the tummy tuck cost in Mumbai.
- Gives you a slimmer profile: This is a process perfect for people who have lost a lot of weight recently. It helps patients attain a flat abdomen with the proper shape, size and contouring. Tummy tuck solves the problem of excess fat and saggy skin completely from the abdomen and gives them a slimmer body.
- It is a part of Mommy Makeover: For women who have recently given birth or experienced major weight loss, abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a boon as it takes care of the sagging and loose skin in the abdominal area. This surgery is an essential part of a mommy makeover, that helps ladies to get an aesthetic body and figure back.