Breast augmentation is one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery and is reported to be the top surgical procedure performed across the globe. Women who have undergone this surgery have experienced higher self-confidence, happiness, and satisfaction with their bodies after surgically enhancing their breasts' shape. Not only women, people seeking male to female also prefer undergoing the process of breast implant surgery in India. This is a process that is not limited to cosmetic reasons as it is also preferred by patients to reconstruct their breasts after a mastectomy.
There are two types of breast implant surgery in India:
If you have made your decision to go under the knife and perform a rhytidectomy (Facelift) on your face, here is what you can expect your surgery process to look like.
- Cosmetic Surgery:This is when a US FDA-approved silicone or a saline implant is surgically placed behind the breast tissues or below the pectoralis muscle to enhance the shape and size of the breast. This is undertaken in normal women who either have small breasts or have lost volume in the breasts due to pregnancy and breast feeding.
- Reconstructive Surgery:If a lady has undergone removal of their breast for cancer surgery then they can opt for breast reconstruction surgery where breast implants or fat tissues from any other part of the body are used to rebuild them.
Before one decides to opt for breast implants in India, it is essential to learn what to expect post-surgery and how long will the body take to recover from the surgery completely. This will help patients prepare better for the life-changing transformation that they are going to experience.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from a Breast Implant Surgery?
The recovery time of breast implant surgery can range from 3 to 6 weeks. However, every woman’s body is different and this recovery time varies from person to person. Most people report that they feel perfectly well 1 week after the surgery.
How much time your body will take to recover from the surgery can be better explained by your doctor after giving you an overall health checkup. Your cosmetic surgeon can provide you with a more definitive timeline and an estimation of breast implant surgery cost in Mumbai prior to the procedure.
Let us have a look at the post-operative stages as experienced by the people who have undergone breast augmentation surgery.
- Post-operation:When the breast implant surgery in Mumbai is over and when the effect of anaesthesia wears off, you might feel slightly groggy and sore. However, these uncomfortable feelings should not last for more than a few hours. Just make sure you have someone to drive you home from the hospital after the surgery.
- The First Week:The first week after the surgery can be moderately painful. You can depend on your doctor’s pain killers to get through this phase. Your surgeon may even recommend a pain injection or pain pump to ease discomfort for those first 72 hours.
- Next Few Weeks:This is the stage where you can slowly ease back into your daily activities like light exercise and desk jobs. It is still advisable to stay away from strenuous activities like running, gym or heavy workouts.
Patients who have labour-intensive jobs are advised to remain out of work for at least 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery.
- Complete Recovery:After your wounds have healed, your doctor will be able to assess how far your internal healing has progressed during your follow-up appointments. Generally, patients can resume their routine activities and workout sessions two months after surgery. It is recommended to follow your doctor’s instructions strictly to ensure nothing can go wrong.
Here are Tips for a Speedy and Smooth Recovery, as Promised Earlier:
- Invest in recovery bras:The Breast augmentation cost in India covers all costs except medications to be taken after the procedure and the use of support bras. Recovery bras provide the much-needed support to the freshly operated breast tissues and manage pain and swelling better. Consider investing in 2 or 3 recovery bras for a better experience post-surgery.
- Take care of the incisions:Depending on the extent of your incision and your doctors’ protocol, you may have to wear a bandage or apply an ointment for a few days.
- Pay attention to your medications:Your doctor may recommend you some medicines to help relieve the pain. If they prescribe you antibiotics, do not miss your medications. Some women share that they feel perfectly fine after taking over-the-counter pain killers as well.
- Avoid tight clothes and intense activities:As your wounds are still healing, it is advisable to wear loose-fitting clothes that are comfortable and breathable. Avoid engaging in strenuous movements such as heavy exercises or heavy lifting. You can walk on flat ground starting 48 hours after the procedure.