Men and women get face lines, wrinkles, and sagging on reaching a certain age. This is because the skin loses its youthful appearance after a particular age. Usually, ageing starts after the age of 40 but the age can differ for everyone. However, the neck is often the forgotten area where ageing occurs. Like the face, the neck is the section of the body that is most exposed to the sun and does not receive the same protection and care as the face.
So, neck lift surgery can address the ageing concern of the neck. It can help to fight skin sagging, restore a youthful appearance, and make you look more attractive.
Why Consider A Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a simple surgical procedure to restore the youthful appearance of the neck. Skin aging refers to wrinkles and creases on the face and neck resulting from sun damage and gravity pulling down the skin over time. A Neck lift targets treating the following-
- Tightening loose muscles in the neck area (platysma muscles). Neck lift surgery basically, works on lifting and tightening the platysma muscle and gives a smoother, firmer appearance with less sagging or wrinkles around the jawline and neckline.
- Improving the appearance of the neck by removing excess skin and fat, tightening underlying muscles, and repositioning sagging tissues. A neck lift will remove excess tissue from under the chin and tighten up the areas around the chin, so that it no longer sags on smiling.
- Works with the aim of restoring a youthful contour to the area around the jawline, chin, and throat. Moreover, a neck lift surgery is a safe operation that can greatly improve the neck appearance.
All in all, neck lift surgery is done in conditions where there is excess fat in the neck area, horizontal bands on neck skin, loose skin due to extreme weight loss, wrinkles, etc.
The Procedure of a Neck Lift Surgery
- The surgery takes about three hours and is conducted under general anaesthesia. The neck lift is completely safe and patients are made comfortable during the surgery. The neck lift surgery is not performed on an outpatient basis. The patient is admitted to the hospital and the doctor performs the surgery and monitors during the recovery.
- Medication is prescribed by the doctor before the neck lift surgery to ensure comfort during the neck lift surgery.
- Unlike other cosmetic surgeries, neck lift surgery does not focus on a single section. Instead, the entire portion under the neck is addressed surgically to remove excess fat or pull back loose skin.
- An effective neck lift surgery repositions tissues under the neck, tightens platysma muscle, and trims away excess skin.
What Are the Benefits of a Neck Lift Surgery?
Below are the reasons why one must consider a Neck lift surgery-
- Smooth skin – Neck lift surgery involves pulling back the loose fat, lines, and wrinkles. The surgery softens fine lines, minimises the appearance of deep wrinkles. This helps to smoothen the skin and get a younger look.
- Reduction of excess skin – rejuvenation procedures like face lift and neck lift reduces excess skin. Excess fat and loose skin are trimmed during the procedure, which results in skin tightening and an improved appearance.
- Youthful appearance – The appearance of the neck cannot be improved with general practices such as exercise and diet. However, a neck lift is only possible with neck plastic surgery. As a result of which, the skin looks refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Minimises scars – All the skin concerns, such as blemishes and scars, are eliminated during the procedure. The incision done in a neck lift is usually hidden behind the ears. Even if there are scars, they are hardly visible and gives you the confidence to be yourself.
Results - Neck Lift Surgery
The results of a neck lift plastic surgery are a defined jawline, firm and smooth skin, and a youthful appearance. The results of a neck lift surgery aren't always permanent, but there are many positive experiences and good outcomes after undergoing neck lift plastic surgery.
A well-performed neck lift procedure can give results that can last 10 to 15 years. After the surgery, ensure to take proper care of skin by following a skincare routine and a healthy lifestyle.
Neck lift surgery is a completely safe procedure but requires careful consideration. Here, the doctor will study the medical history of the patient and then determine the further procedure.
Recovery - Neck Lift Surgery
The patient is discharged and can go home on the same day of the surgery. Moreover, they can easily resume work and follow the daily routine within a few days of the neck lift surgery. Complete recovery from neck plastic surgery can take a few days up until six weeks, which depends on each person's tolerance and hence the recovery time varies for every patient.
Sometimes, patients may be advised by the doctor not to lift any object that is heavier than five pounds. Also, it is advisable not to engage in strenuous activity for several weeks after neck plastic surgery.
- Swelling and bruising after the procedure are common. In this case, the doctor may place a few small, temporary tubes to clear blood and other fluid from beneath your skin's surface.
- Muscle tightness in the neck area is often experienced as a result of neck lift surgery.
- Ensure to follow at-home recovery instructions for a better and fast recovery.
- Keep a check on the sleeping position. For better results, make sure to keep your head elevated during sleep.
- Do not apply ice or too cold items after the neck plastic surgery
- Avoid lifting heavy objects and instantly turning your head
- Ensure regular visits after the procedure. First, follow-up is advised in the first week after the neck lift surgery. The regular visits are scheduled weekly in a month, once every month for 6 months, and then once every five years.
Neck lift surgery is a procedure that must be considered to reduce sagging skin and excess fat in the neck area. It improves the shape of the neck and beautifully contours the neck. All the excess tissues and fat that cause dropping skin are completely eliminated. A new and rejuvenated skin results in a youthful appearance and helps to regain confidence and feel attractive.
The results of neck lift plastic surgery can last for long, but it doesn't prevent age-related changes that take place after the surgery. Just make sure to follow the instructions to get the best out of the procedure and protect yourself from the sun.
Although neck lift surgery is a safe procedure, it requires careful consideration of the health, medical history, and other factors of the patient. Not all patients are suitable for neck plastic surgery, but the final decision depends on the examination done by the doctor.
Consider the neck lift surgery cost in India and a proper health assessment before the neck lift surgery. As you decide to proceed with the surgery, consult an experienced cosmetic surgeon specializing in neck lift plastic surgery and similar procedures before making any decisions about your treatment plan. As one of the best cosmetic surgeons in India, Dr Mohan Thomas Aesthetics assures of exclusive experience and desired results.
Dr. Mohan Thomas closely examines and thoroughly understands the skin health and requirements of patients. At Dr. Mohan Thomas Aesthetics, the doctor and his team specialize in performing surgeries for all skin types. Dr. Mohan Thomas Aesthetics provides a personalized treatment plan for every patient at a competitive neck lift surgery cost in India. We make sure that patients receive high-quality care and complete comfort for their neck lift plastic surgery.